Monday 6 January 2014

Find someone you can talk to honestly.



January brings challenges, social media; print media is filled with nutritional advice and exercise programs. Resolutions are the order of the day…………………….BUT, what if this sounds like you?

“I do my best, but recently I find it difficult to get stuff done. Getting out of bed is difficult now, it feels like I am ‘just getting by’, I’ve also started to feel as if I am losing my sense of self; my friends are oblivious to my difficulties. I find myself being constantly negative about friends and family. I don’t like the person I am becoming, it’s like being pulled down into a deep black hole and there is nothing I can do about it. How can I get back to being the old me?”

How can you get back to being the old you?
The answer
Find someone you can talk to honestly.

It might seem like a very simplistic answer, but, most effective methods ‘of being’ are simple. Those of you old enough to remember will recall a character created by the Irish comedian Brendan Grace, called Bottler. It is a great word in the context of bottling up feelings and emotions.

So ask yourself
Are you a Bottler?
Do you bottle up feelings and emotions?

The Benefits of Talking to Someone.

  •  It gives you space in your head, rolling the same difficulty, round and round in your head is very tiring and energy sapping, talking will free up some much needed space in your thoughts.

  •  It will put things in perspective, or more likely, put things in a NEW perspective, by keeping things to yourself, you may have started to feel overwhelmed, talking to someone outside your situation will create a more objective view.

  •  It releases tension, carrying a worry on your shoulders every day, creates a lot of physical tension too. You’d be amazed at what a release it can be to get things off your chest – your muscles can relax a bit, and you can literally feel like a weight has been lifted. And feeling good physically makes you feel better mentally. 

Website: www.descanning.com
Email: des@descanning.com
Mobile: 085-7100100

1 comment: